Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My little convalescent

I long for the warmth of the sun, the sounds of children's laughter and the smell of freshly cut grass. I am so sick of the snow.

I believe in the old wives tale that people get sick because of the cold. On Sunday my son had a fever and chills and when we took him into the walk in clinic the doctor suspected pneumonia. She sent him for an xray and when the results came back, she confirmed her suspicions. It's been a tough 24 hours with his fever spiking very high. My normally energetic boy was lethargic and tired.

In the last few hours though he's improved greatly. I don't know if it was daddy's tlc (my husband took the night shift with him last night), the antibiotic kicking in, mummy's constant monitoring, or maybe all of the above, but his fever is finally down and he's full of vim. He drew a little flying car that he has been running around with! He's going to stay home tomorrow too, but I feel like the worst is over! Thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment