Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Since it must be so

I have some news - my husband has gotten a job for a year in another city. This means my little family will be bereft of a great daddy and supportive husband for a whole year. We told the children, following a friend's advice we made it sound like an exciting mission so they have taken the news well. As for me, I am so happy for him, this move is great for his career, but on the other hand, I hate long distance relationships. You can't hug someone through skype. Nonetheless they say distance makes the heart grow fonder, and who doesn't want their husbands to be more fond of them? This is my silver lining and I am going to hold on to it to get through this year, but for just a few moments, indulge me as I ruminate on all the things that I will miss.

Ten things I love about my husband:
1. He knows how to operate the dishwasher
2. He gets into it when we play board games with the kids
3. He gives the best hugs, not joking, if you've ever received a hug from him you'll know what I mean. They are warm and all encompassing, they drive all your worries away and bring a smile to your face
4. He drives me everywhere everyday.
5. He always shovels the driveway
6. He always takes out the trash
7. He cooks a killer breakfast
8. He folds kiddie clothes neater than I can (he actually critics the way I fold them)
9. He sings like an angel (to the frozen soundtrack which he listens to even when the kids are not in the car)
10. Everything about him (except for the snoring)

Adieu my love, until next time =)



No comments:

Post a Comment