Monday, August 12, 2013

How to make my kids sew happy

Some of you may not know this about me, but before I had  my two little munchkins, I used to be very crafty. Not in an evil way - more like if you were in my inner circle of friends, you were more likely to get a homemade present for christmas than a store bought one. My husband bought me a sewing machine as a birthday present a few years ago. It has seen very little action. I've sewn a quilt for my daughter, made a few pairs of curtains and stitched together some play food with it. When I came across this post, I knew I had to fire up the old sewing machine again. My children love to lounge around and make "beds" for themselves so I knew they would love this!
Step 1 - Buy twin sized duvet covers

Step 2 - buy four pillows for each kid

Step 3. Fold the duvet and measure using the pillows where you should sew pockets for each pillow. (This is more clearly described in the link.)

Step four - put the pillows in and.....Voila!!!!! Pillow mattresses!

Step five: Add happy kids!

It was so easy, no cutting or real measuring -  It took me longer to re-familiarize myself with the sewing machine than to do the actual sewing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment