Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First day of school part 2

The good news is that I managed not to physically shed tears today as I dropped my little girl off to her first day of school. The truth is, I was crying inside . A strange feeling set into the pit of my stomach well before we set foot into school. I had my moment in the kitchen whilst packing quarters of quesadilla and a mini frittata  into a pink disney princess lunch box. My baby is all grown up!!! She was uncharacteristically shy at drop off, but after many hugs and kisses I managed to leave her in the classroom and head off to work.
On the way to work my husband and I had a moment of euphoria. We were alone in the car!! We can finally talk to each other freely without having to spell out the things we don't want the children to understand - how liberating!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment