Friday, December 20, 2013

Time flies when you're baking cookies


Is it just me or does time speed up at the end of the year? We have the kids Birthdays and then it's Christmas Season with Christmas just a few days away. Around the corner is the our 9th year wedding anniversary, new years and then my birthday. I've been eating a million calories a day, baking and cooking like a mad person, getting to bed late and skipping the gym. This is a recipe for disaster!

Thankfully there are many good things about that make this frenetic activity worth it. Here are some highlights of the last week:

1. My son's Christmas concert. This is what he looked like just before the concert.

Sadly, I didn't get a good shot of him singing but the kids are so cute and some of the soloists where so talented.

2. My departmental Christmas party. It was a roaring 20s theme.

We are women hear us roar - oh except for my solo male colleague. Look at his smile.

3. We met a new neighbor

It's a snowy owl!

4. The kids made snow angels.......

...whilst I watched from inside the warmth of the kitchen

5. Also for the first time ever, dinner has been a collaboration in our house. I made the shrimp and chicken and my husband made daal, okra and spinach.

Dinner this week has been extra delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment