Thursday, July 12, 2012

Introspection

Learning to be comfortable in your own skin is not something you can google. Is that level of confidence something you are born with? Is it something your parents instill in you? Is it something you can acquire over time? Is it something you struggle with all your life?
I am just beginning to realize as I am trying to teach my children to have a healthy self confidence, that this is something I myself lack. I've known this for a while now but have not been able to acknowledge it because it hurts to examine the root of my confidence issues. Talking to my one of my good friends who is facing this issue herself, has made me feel like I should tackle my own self confidence issues.
The problem is I have no clue how to tackle it. A google search has resulted in suggestions such as writing post it notes with positive messages and sticking them everywhere. I'm not very open to this idea. However i was wondering is there a "low self esteem anonymous" that I can sign up for?

No comments:

Post a Comment