Saturday, October 19, 2013

Belated Eid Mubarak

Most people celebrated Eid on Tuesday, and I have to say, I felt a little bitter, sitting at my desk at work, preparing for a requirements review, getting Facebook notifications of everyone else's Eid feasts. Well today was our Eid party and I have to say it made up for my miserable Tuesday. 
The party started with a grandchild pile up. Three kiddies tried to snuggle up with my mom at the same time.
Don't be fooled, my mom loved being squished by her little loves!

Here's a picture of two sets of sisters all dolled up for Eid. My mother and my aunt with me and my sister.
Here's another picture of two sets of sisters dressed up for a party, albeit, separated by a few decades. 

Can you guess which red girl belongs to which blue girl? The nostalgia! 

I tried to get a picture of me with the people that were responsible for bringing me to this earth, but my sister got wind of it and turned it into a family portrait. It looks better with her in it anyways, she's so beautiful! 
Afterwards it was mehendi time. My daughter waited patiently for her turn.

My sister patiently applied mehendi to all of the young girls' hands.

She did a great job.

Here's a picture of my youngest cousin, she's only two. 
My uncle, her dad, is in his forties recently suffered from his second heart attack. It scares me to think about his mortality. He is beloved and needed by his family. I can't imagine a world without him in it quite yet.

My son and nephew spent most of the night playing games on my mothers phone. My dad managed to wrest my son away from the lure of the electronic games for a brief moment. 

I'm amazed I got a shot of my son without a phone in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment