Monday, October 14, 2013

Thank you for my family

My parents and sister and her kiddies came to visit for thanksgiving. We had a delicious meal of mashed potatoes, rice, roast chicken, roast beef and roast veggies planned. My husband was the main chef and I offered to be his sous chef but he said no.
What's a girl to do? Well my sister and I went down to the basement to check on the kids. We found them looking cool, playing with the dollhouse. 
After we shooed the kids away my sister and I found some drama unfolding in the dollhouse. Prince Eric had brought his wife Ariel and daughter Melody to visit his ex girlfriend Sindy for the first time. Needless to say it was awkward for Sindy.
She and her sister ( my sister's doll Cyndi, who was also visiting from Mississauga) were whispering to each other and throwing disparaging looks at Ariel. 
Ariel in turn let Prince Eric know that she was unhappy. Prince Eric had to do some fast talking to smooth things over.
My sister and I got called upstairs before we could find out what happened next. Upstairs we found that my husband had made great progress. Here are the entrees before they went in the oven. 
The roast beef was ready to go in the rotisserie as well. The whole house smelled amazing, especially the roast beef.
Soon enough everything was ready and my dad had brought some tandoori fish that we had as well.
Everyone loved the food, even the kids! My nephew said that his uncle was the best cook ever. My mother thinks my husband should become a chef. I have to agree.





No comments:

Post a Comment