Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Breaking bad habits


I've been thinking about a habit I want to break. Actually there are two habits:

1. Feeling the urge to read whilst eating and eat whilst reading or watching TV.
2. Night time consumption of pumpkin seeds.

Over the years I have developed this habit of getting more enjoyment when I couple eating food with reading or watching a good story. To me it makes the story and the food seem more pleasurable. I realize that this habit is harmful to me as I am consuming calories when I am not hungry. I am eating "healthier" things these days then when I was younger, so I'll have like a 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds or 1/4 cup pistaschios or almonds. Even so, I want to rid myself of this habit. When I have lunch at work ( I have to eat at my desk because I workout during my official lunch) I am scrambling to find an interesting blog to read because I can't just enjoy my chicken salad on it's own. Alternatively, if I am reading a good novel at home, after reading a few pages, I get up and pour out a 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds to munch on whist reading, and when the seeds are done, I put the book down as it is not as fun to read with out munching on something and I try not to eat more than the 1/2 cup to stay within my calories limits.

Ok - so I've articulated my problem. I hope you guys don't think I'm crazy. Now, how do I solve this problem? How do I get rid of this weird habit?


No comments:

Post a Comment