Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ugly duckling day

I had one of those days that morphed from a horrible day to a fabulous day, and since I don't have very many of these kinds of days, I wanted to share it with you. I thought I was having a bad day. Someone was grumpy and rude to me in the morning (BTW - not my husband, he's one of those chipper early bird catches the worm sort of people). Also had a minor setback on my way into work and I was feeling like many little things were going wrong. I tried this new thing though - I did not allow my mind to linger on these small incidences, which normally would have kept me distracted throughout the day. I managed to focus on being productive and guess what? At the end of the day, two really big positive things happened to me:
1. A teacher at my son's school told me that my son did extremely well in school today with creating a survey. She said she thinks that he is smart.
2. My parents showed up at my doorstep with dinner, all the way from Mississauga! It was their anniversary and they wanted to celebrate it with us!
I will leave you with a picture of my son and a "course" he created for his toy car.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Mine had kind of the opposite trajectory but tomorrow is a new day! :-)

    ReplyDelete