Sunday, March 25, 2012

First park outing of the year


I took the munchkins to the park today. My son made friends with a five year old girl. The two of them ran around, thick a thieves for 1/2 hour. This girl's mother was pregnant, sitting her car parked thirty feet away, talking on the cellphone. She could see her child but I was not impressed. Am I an overprotective mother or is she a substandard parent?

Anyways, my son left the park reluctantly. He wanted his new friend to come with us. When I explained that her mother would not appreciate it, he asked if her whole family could come with us. I explained that they were strangers. My son insisted that the girl was very nice and not strange at all. He went on to say that when he gets older he wants to marry this girl! Is it normal for a 4 year old to think this much about marriage? I told him he couldn't get married until he had a job and his own house. That should keep weddings off his mind for a while =).

I didn't get a chance to take pictures today. I was too busy living in the moment to document the moment =). The little girl took a picture of my son on her kiddie camera though. She said she wanted a picture of his cute face.

I will have to make do with a mental picture - little smiles framed by a clear blue sunny sky. The thought of it fills my heart with a pleasant ache. I hope it will be etched in my memory forever.

Here's a picture I took a few days ago of my sunny boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment