Monday, May 14, 2012

Reflections

As soon as I walked in this morning I received an email from a senior individual at my workplace which contained some positive feedback. This has put me in a reflective mood. I felt the need to write how I feel.

Things I am grateful for today:
1. My family (children, husband, siblings, parents, cousins, in-laws, aunts and uncles) I have a lovely family.
2. My home - since the moment I first stepped through the door, it has never been a house, it's always been my home, my nest, my sanctuary.It is restful and clean and beautiful and there are places where my kids and I can play and places where I can curl up with my husband or with a good book.
3. My connection to God - I am not an overly religious person, but I do believe in god and am immensely grateful for all the gifts I have received. I am happy that I have found a way to connect and that I feel I can find myself in god's grace when I am in need of it.
4. My job - this particular position that I am currently in is challenging - extremely so - but what I've learnt is that you get out what you put in and so far I've been giving it my all and feeling that is it recognised.


Things that I have learnt today:
1.You never stop being a parent - something I am learning from watching a co-worker who has grown up children.
2. Friends come and go and you'll never know when or where a new one will pop-up from or how or why an old one will fall out of your life.
3. You should let go of thoughts that aren't useful in the moment that you are living in now - worrying is not even minutely productive.



No comments:

Post a Comment