Sunday, November 17, 2013

Reconnecting

We had a very busy weekend! On Saturday we went to the mall to meet Santa Claus. First time for both of my kids and they were taken aback when Santa asked them what they wanted from Christmas. Should I tell them  now that Santa doesn't visit our house on Christmas or let them find out on the hard way =). Just joking, I've explained that we give gifts to others at Christmas, but don't get gifts ourselves. Instead they get gifts at Eid...there are two Eids - bonus!

We met up with my daughters best friend from daycare. The girls were so happy to be back together again.

We went on a train ride around the mall together. We had to squish ourselves into a small caboose. My caboose barely fit on the little seat.

Afterwards we did some girlie shopping. I got two pairs of jeans from Smartset and two shirts from Target. We ended the evening by watching Free Bird. Such a funny movie! The next day we hosted a playdate for my son's friends from last year. It was an action packed playdate. During the course of the playdate, my son's friend lost her first tooth! It had been loose for quite a while so it was a celebration when it finally popped out.

I also got to cuddle with a baby!!! My friend bought her six month son over as well. He's so adorable!

And he's so good natured! He spent a good portion of time happily watching his brothers and their friends playing Xbox. I was so busy catching up with my mommy friends that I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the kids playing games. I did manage to get everyone pose on the stairs before they left.

Right after this picture, the cutest thing happened. The kids spontaneously did a group hug.

At the end of the night my son gave me a picture.

He said it was of the two of us. I don't know why we are flying in the sky, but I love the clouds and how he did the grass. My favorite part is what he wrote! I feel so loved =)

No comments:

Post a Comment